Friday, June 13, 2008

Dinner on Friday 13th

dinner

small portion cold roast pork, brussel sprouts, butter beans, 1tbs new potatoes. Shall I tell you this was the more boring stuff I have eaten in a long while...it needed lots of buttery stuff on the veg to make even slightly interesting.

followed by strawberries tossed in redcurrant jelly with vanilla icecream and three Lemon Thin shortbreads.

MUCH BETTER!!


and a glass of red vino.

AND I plan to have a nice scotch later on.....

what was that rhyme? Oh yes...

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


NB for curl on forehead see pic of me on honeymoon :-)

5 comments:

  1. I did think your face looked slimmer in the 'purpley' picture than in the holiday one! Sometimes it takes something like that to show that this diet thing is working, even if the scales don't show it!

    I've been good over the last couple of days, walking to work and eating smaller portions. Then last night I needed something sweet! So I demanded that youngest son made a pudding! And he did. And I ated it :-(

    Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the walking to work is going to have good results.

    Today I am having problems even standing up - I have got real vertigo from last night and still this morning. I presume from the sinus blockages from my cold, but I don't like this falling over feeling at all. No, I don't!!!

    p.s. ating up all your puddings is a Good Thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't exactly eat all the pudding! LOL!

    And this morning early I went out shopping and bought lots of low-fat yogurt, some of which I had tonight with raspberries as a nice healthy pudding! Much better than suet sponge with jam for dieting persons ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, should have said I'm sorry to hear you're feeling wobbly! Hope it passes soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Leni! I expect it will... I hate that lurching feeling though. I think it is linked to a) my deafness and ear problems anyway, and b) sinus congestion from my cold. Hopefully, when that fully clears away the dizziness will go too.

    ReplyDelete